Why LED Downlights are different from CFL?
Have you ever looked upon the ordinary bulbs that we are used to? Have you ever checked a better version of them?
At LEDMyplace, we have various indoor lighting solutions, where, one of the categories is LED Downlights and Disk lights. They are more efficient with energy consumption and lumen output while CFL bulbs don't have the same efficiency.
LED Downlights are “recessed luminaries” and installed on the ceiling. These downlights come in a standardized size of 4 inches, 5/6 inch, 8 inches and 10 inches and they directly replace CFL and PL-C downlight fixtures. The best part is that they can be dimmed with most of the LED dimmers available in the market.
In this article, we will be discussing the below mentioned points:
- Features of LED Downlights
- Types of LED Downlights
- Benefits of LED Downlights
Features of LED Downlights
Now that we have discussed what is LED Downlights, it would be wise to discuss the features that will amaze you.
- The most striking feature of downlights is that it reduces your electricity bill. It cuts down the power consumption by 75%. These ceiling downlight bulbs come in a wide wattage range such as 9W, 10W, 12W, 15W, 30W, and 40W.
- The housing of these downlight fixture has been made of aluminum which doesn’t allow the fixture to heat up more than 40-degree.
- You get color temperature options to choose from 3000K (Warm White Light), 4000K (Natural White Light), and 5000K (Day White Light) which emits the perfect lumen output for indoor space.
- And if we talk about the efficiency, the lumen is higher than the fixtures of the kind; where the fixture is able to deliver the light to the surface.
- It follows the ROHS compliance, LED Downlights are free from harmful materials like mercury.
Type of LED Downlights
The LED Downlights have different shapes and sizes for different applications:
Baffle Downlight: The baffle downlight has been mounted over grid ceiling. This fixture helps to reduce glare and illuminate the areas with high lumen light. This fixture comes in 10W, 15W, 30W, and 40W which replaces more than 100W metal-halide fixture.
Square Downlight: These high CRI downlights deliver the same lighting output as HID fixture do and reduces the energy consumption also. By providing a long lifespan of 50,000 hours with low maintenance cost, it has been the most selling product of LEDMyplace.
Eye-Ball Downlight: The adjustable LED feature makes this fixture unique from others downlights. This feature distributes the light where it needs the most.
Disk Downlight: This downlight has a unique slim and sleek design which is super easy to install and emits the gleaming light to the surface from the ceiling.
Benefits of LED Downlights
- Ideal for residential and commercial spaces
- Low wattage fixture can easily replace the high wattage CFL
- Longer lifespan comparing traditional CFL bulbs
- Save more energy and money on your lighting bills
- Dimming feature ranging from 0V to 10V
At LEDMyplace, we have helped hundreds of our customers to move towards energy efficient LED lighting. LED Downlight and Disk light are one of the best categories we have. When it comes to lighting up an indoor space, elegance and efficiency matter the most and the same is provided by our LED fixtures.
Have you moved your lighting to LEDs yet? Let's take the conversation to the comments section below.