LED Pole Lights - Why It’s An Asset To Businesses?
How important is the parking lot at your building? A parking lot provides the means for residents, clients, and guests to access your buildings or business, but when is the last time your lot got an update? What about an update that further cut down on your monthly costs and made your business more energy-efficient?
Why are LED parking lot lights an improvement for businesses?
There are a few key differences between LED lighting technology and traditional lighting technology that are worthy of attention.
Let’s start at the commencement: “LED” stands for light-emitting diode, and this refers to how LEDs generate light differently than conventional lighting solutions.
Most older lighting technologies use a combination of filaments and fuel sources to create a light, but there are three big problems in this scenario:
- Much of the energy created through conventional lighting technology is given off as heat, and not light, resulting in higher energy consumption (and therefore, higher costs)
- Conventional lighting bulbs create omnidirectional light, which requires fixtures to direct the light where it needs to be
- More mechanical components (filament, contact wires, support wires, glass mount, etc) mean more opportunities for failure.
So, how does LED lighting for parking lots address these issues? First, LEDs are much more energy efficient because there is a better light to heat ratio.
Second, LEDs produce directional light, which means less light is wasted pointing up at the sky or off in a random direction. Last, the technology behind LED lighting is simple, which means less maintenance is required...in fact, some LEDs have a lifetime that is four to forty times longer than their conventional counterparts.
All of these factors result in a compelling case for LED parking lot lights.
What difference will LED pole lights make in my parking lot?
As they say, a picture is worth a thousand words! Here are some photos from previous LEDMyplace clients who made the call to switch to LED parking lot lighting for their lots.
Some of the most obvious benefits are brighter, whiter lights that more accurately depict the naturally occurring color of objects. You can also see the larger footprint of each light, meaning that fewer fixtures are required to get the same amount of lighting.
What you can’t see is this:
- The wattage on LED pole lights is often 50-75% lower than that required for traditional parking lot lighting. This translates directly into lower expenses for managing your parking lot. We have clients who have seen savings of more than 75% on their energy bills each month, freeing up valuable capital.
- There are intangible benefits for clients, consumers, and visitors to your business when the parking lot is brightly lit and well-maintained. The perception of increased safety is a subtle, but important, one.
LED Pole lights are proven to be efficient and eco-friendly. Most of the businesses are taking instant decisions since the price of the LED lighting fixtures is going down, making money saving more efficient.