What are High Bay and Low Bay lights?
The high bay LED lights are the perfect cost & energy-efficient indoor lighting solution for places with high ceilings like warehouses, gyms, factories, exhibitions, and supermarkets. LED lights start without flickering, have a long lifespan, and have fewer lumens depreciation than metal halide and another traditional industrial lighting. In addition, they have a dimmable feature through which you can adjust the brightness of the light.
The low bay lights can be defined as the light to be ideally used in a ceiling under 15 feet in height. It is a common type of ceiling generally used in homes, retail businesses, public buildings, commercial areas, and many more.
How many types of LED High Bay Lights are available in the market?
There are many High Bay LED Lights available in the market with several applications.
If we classify the light by structure or shape, the following lights are available in the market:
Round high-bay lights (UFO high bay)
Linear high bays
Architectural high bays
Grid-mount high bays(Recessed)
If we classified the high bay light by light source, the following lights are available in the market:
Induction high bay
Metal halide high bay (MHD)
Fluorescent high bay
What is the difference between high bay and low bay light?
When considering the difference between high bay and low bay light, it is essential to take ceiling height as the deciding factor. It is because these two categories of lighting fixtures are designed differently to fulfill the needs of each space. For example, one of the major differences is the quantity of light spread. Most of the high bays use reflectors to ensure proper light spread down in a way necessary for appropriate visibility in the space from a higher distance.
High bay LED lights feature a high lumen output, required for the greater distance when compared to low bay LED light fixtures. The lighting fixture installed so high up may not maintain the brightness you expect, so it needs to compensate with a high lumen output.
What are the benefits of High Bay LED lights?
- LED High Bay Lights are highly energy-efficient. These lights consume lesser watts of power than other lights, and you can also save up to 80% on your electric bills.
- They have a long lifespan and therefore need not be replaced for several years.
- They do not heat up like traditional lights. It also decreases the need for air conditioning almost by 20%, which saves on the electric bill.
- They have high durability and withstand tough conditions. They are maintenance-free and damage-resistant.
- LED high bay lighting is flicker-free and starts immediately.
- Less light is distorted with these lights, and light uniformity is greatly improved.
- The light emission is evenly distributed than other lighting solutions.
What are the future trends of High Bay LED lights?
- Manufacturers are leveraging the increased optical performance and the LED source to acquire the higher efficiency. It also contributes to small luminaires, resulting in average cost decline, lower operating temperatures, and longer life.
- High Bay LED light luminaires are now available in two options: Standard and premium efficiency. The most efficient luminaires are premium in the DLC (DesignLight Consortium) qualified product list, making them eligible for potentially higher rebates.
- These lights are available in a wide range of light distributions, CRI, and CCTs. The most popular CRI is 70, as it is perfect for maximum industrial and warehouse applications with the most efficient LED chip package.
- They are available in inverted mounting for indirect lighting.
- They have a greater optical control which reduces glare while reducing the number of luminaires required by controlling the beam spread. There is a trend towards lensing for luminaires at lower mounting heights in factories and warehouses to reduce glare.
- This is a major trend where you can use the light when necessary and switch it off when not needed. In addition, many lights come with motion sensors, and photocells whelp save more energy. This is the easiest way to reduce energy and one of the best future trends for buyers.
What are the applications of High Bay LED lights?
- Convention Centers
- Workshop Lighting
- Airport Lighting
- Industrial Lighting
- Big Box
- Packaging Facilities
- Distribution Centers
- Manufacturing Plants
- Warehouse Lighting
- Factory Lighting
- Gymnasium Lighting
- LED Shop Lights
- Transit Facilities
What are the suitable lumens according to the ceiling height?
25-30ft: For this height, lights with 33,000 lumens are ideal
15-20ft: This height is ideal for lights with 16,000 to 20,000 lumens10-15ft: This height is ideal for lights with 10,000 to 15,000 lumens