About Bedroom Lighting
With changing times, the space called a bedroom has become something more than just a place to sleep. Such modern bedrooms call for modern bedroom lighting. But since bedrooms are a chasm of a vast number of activities carried out it is not easy to have a one-size-fits-all kind of lighting.
The bedroom is where you relax, at the same time it is also the place where you sometimes work. Therefore the bedroom ceiling light fixtures have to be such that it incorporates all of the needs that maybe there.
The master bedroom lighting, like lighting up any other space in the house, is separated into three different layers. Let us have a look at each of those
Ambient Lighting For The Bedroom
Ambient lighting, also known as general lighting, is the main lighting of the bedroom. This light fills up the entire room and provides you enough light to perform general household chores like folding the clothes or making the bed etc. Ambient light is used where focused light is not required.
Types of Ambient Lighting Options
- Flush Mount: Best for low ceilings, LED Flush mount fixtures provide enough light to fill a room without leaving any dark spot. This light offers a modern and contemporary look to your bedroom space.
- Chandeliers: Hung from the ceilings, Chandeliers are a very stylish way to give your bedroom some ambient lighting. Ranging from classic to modern to contemporary, there exists a Chandelier for every bedroom out there.
- Pendant lighting: Pendant lights, hung from the ceilings are also a great option for providing accent lighting in your bedroom. Pendant lights allow for a minimalistic design on offer to those customers who don’t want to go ahead with Chandeliers.
Task Lights For The Bedroom
For the initiated who need to perform certain specific tasks, task lighting in the bedroom is a must. This light gives a more focussed light in a tighter beam angle not spreading it around much. These lights are used when tasks like reading, applying makeup and other specific tasks are to be performed in the bedroom.
Types of Task Lighting Options
- Bedside Table lamps: Table lamps provide a great option for task lighting as these provide a focussed light for every kind of task needs. With a vast number of designs, Table lamps can fir into any kind of bedroom decor.
- Wall Sconces: Wall sconces are modern lighting fixtures which provide tight focused task lighting wherever it is needed.
Accent Lights For The Bedroom
Accent lighting is used to light up the highlight of the room like any showpiece or artwork. This lighting adds a third layer of lighting to your bedroom and accentuate the beauty of it. Accent lights can also be used as a mellow version of ambient lighting up the entire room.
Types of Accent Lighting Options
Recessed lighting and wall sconces are good examples of accent lighting which highlight the creativity inside of the bedroom.