About LED Panel Lights - LED Drop Ceiling Lights
Be it your office, school, hospital or any other commercial space, LED Panel lights are becoming the new norm when it comes to lighting the place. Panel lights are versatile lights that fit into the false ceiling and provide perfect lighting.
Designed to boost productivity at the workplace, these LED panels are cost-effective and long-lasting. These panel lights are available in multiple sizes and offer flicker-free white light for a productive ambiance.
LED Panel Lights are versatile lights that can be used in offices, hospitals, schools, hotels, meeting rooms, showrooms, corridors, shops, retail stores, healthcare facilities, laboratories, and many more. These drop ceiling lights are an excellent replacement for all the conventional fixtures, which have several drawbacks.
The productivity of your employees very much depends upon the kind of light you install inside your office, therefore, choosing the right LED flat panel light becomes extremely important for you.
At LEDMyplace there is a vast range of LED ceiling panel lights with different color temperatures and different sizes to choose from to perfectly suit your needs.
How to install an LED panel?
You can install an LED panel in three ways:
Note that, the panel-type will differ with different types of mounting techniques.
Installing an LED panel lighting fixture without any assistance is feasible. Albeit, you must have the basic knowledge of electrical connections before attempting an installation. Here’s an installation guide that will come handy.
There are a lot of advantages of using LED panel light fixture over fluorescent ones. These advantages are discussed in details below:
Advantages of using LED panel lights
- Energy-efficient: These LED Lights are highly energy-efficient. This efficiency is achieved because LED panel lights convert 95% of the electricity consumed into light and only 5% of the electricity is wasted as heat. This is in stark contrast to fluorescent Panel lights which convert 95% of the electricity consumed into heat and a mere 5% of the electricity gets converted into light.
This results in a savings of up to 75% on your utility bills. This also measures good for the environment because these LED panel fixtures demand less electricity from the grid putting less pressure on the fossil-fuel-based electricity generation plants.
- Long-lasting: These Panel lights, because they are so much energy-efficient and produce less heat, are really long-lasting. LED panel lights are tested to last for up to 50,000 hours. This means that once you install these panel light you won't have to worry about your panel lights for about half a decade.
- High CRI: LED panel lights have a high color rendering index which measures the accuracy of light color rendering abilities. Having a CRI more then 82, these panel lights display colors that are 82% as accurate as they would be under an ideal light source such as daylight.
Multiple color temperatures available:
LED panel lights are available in multiple color temperatures of:
- 4000 Kelvin
- 5000 Kelvin
- 6500 Kelvin
About Backlit LED Panel lights
A backlit LED Panel light is a combination of LEDs on a horizontal plate emitting vertically downward light through a diffuser. The light source of the LED Backlit panel is on the back of the panel, so it is suggested to keep the distance between the light source and the panel. This will provide a uniform brightness on the surface.
They are also known as direct-lit panels. Backlit LED panels produce glare-free lighting, which can be used to illuminate residential or commercial areas.
Different types of Panel lights are available
Based on the size of the Panel light there are three types available:
- 1X4 LED Panel: This rectangle-shaped Panel light comes in multiple color temperatures, 40-watt which replaces a 150-watt traditional panel light and comes in 4000 and 5000 Kelvin.
- 2X2 LED Panel: This is a square-shaped panel light that is 40 watt and replaces a 150-watt fluorescent panel light. This light comes in all three color temperatures available, 4000, 5000, and 6500 kelvin.
- 2x4 LED Panel: This is also a rectangle-shaped panel light which comes in two different wattages
- 70 watt which replaces 180 watts and comes in the color temperature of 4000, 5000, and 6500 kelvin.
These panel lights are also dimmable which allows the user to set the right amount of luminosity that is needed at the place.