About Outdoor LED Flood Light Fixtures
Imagine a scenario where you own a tennis court. An important match is going on and just before the deciding moment, the light in your arena gives away. What an embarrassing situation that will be! This is where LED flood lights take center stage.
Specially designed to light up large areas, LED flood lights are the perfect solutions to light up stadiums, billboards, sports arenas, etc.
Highly energy-efficient, these flood lights are designed to last long and offer unmatched value over traditional metal halide fixtures. LED flood lights are also known as security lights.
Basically there are two types of LED flood lights based on the mounting option.
- Flood mount: This type of mount is a kind of bracket that is fixed on the edges of the building walls. This kind of mount is generally used to light up the building in multiple ways like
- Wall washing: In this type of lighting, the flood light is used to light up an entire wall
- Wall grazing: This lighting is used to create a pattern and highlight an object like the design on a wall, a tree, etc.
- Shadowing: As the name suggests, this kind of lighting is used to create a shadow of an object.
- Knuckle mount: This is the type of mount in which the light slips on a pole. This is the kind of mount generally found in stadiums, sports arenas, etc.
Flood lights are commonly available in two colors, bronze and black, there are also solar flood lights available with solar Panel.
Flood lights come in various different wattages which are discussed below:
- 15-watt which replaces 100-watt metal halide fixture
- 30-watt which replaces 300-watt metal halide fixture
- 50-watt which replaces 300-watt metal halide fixture
- 100-watt which replaces 300-watt metal halide fixture
- 150-watt which replaces 400-watt metal halide fixture
- 200-watt which replaces 600-watt metal halide fixture
- 240-watt which replaces 800-watt metal halide fixture
- 300-watt which replaces 1000-watt metal halide fixture
- 480-watt which replaces 1000-watt metal halide fixture
- 600-watt which replaces 1000-watt metal halide fixture