Whether the interiors of your house possess a classic, retro, vintage or contemporary look, flush mount LED ceiling light is one of those few lights that can anytime add oomph and appeal to your house interiors. A flush mount is, by and large, a dome-shaped LED light fixture and usually ranges in diameter size of 11-14 inches. It is quite versatile in the sense that it can complete any kind of interior decor and can be used for ambient, accent or display lighting.
In this blog, we first take a look at the difference between semi-flush and flush mount LED ceiling light and then move on to discussing the types and general benefits of LED flush mount fixtures.
Semi-Flush and Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light -- It’s The Difference That Matters!
The semi-flush and flush mount LED ceiling light to differ from each other in terms of style, shape, and light distribution pattern.
While a semi-flush mount LED ceiling light is installed in ways that can create a gap of 4-8 inches between the ceiling and the lamp fixture, the light appears to be coming from the ceiling rather than the lamp in extreme contrast with flush mount that appears as though it is hugging the ceiling. The semi-flush is similar to pendant light but is more closely said to have features that are somewhere in-between a flush mount LED ceiling light and a chandelier. The semi-flush also differs from flush mount in size. where the common width-range is 6.25 inches to 23 inches. A semi-flush is also a bit protruded in style though both semi-flush and flush mount can illuminate large spaces with even and uniform light beam. The semi-flush and flush mount both may come in nickel, chrome or bronze finish that adds a special touch to your existing interior style -- the one that may have drawn inspiration from the 16th or 17th-century kings and queens. Both semi-flush and flush mount look good in the bedroom, drawing room, dining hall or kitchen.
Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
A flush mount LED ceiling light which is generally mounted close to ceiling is as decorative as semi-flush mount light but gains an advantage over semi-flush LED ceiling light in the sense that it can hide the spots or marks if any present on the ceiling. This light is generally mounted in rooms having a ceiling height of less than 20ft else the light beam being cast from too high a ceiling height will be just too insufficient. At the same time, if the ceiling height is too less, the light may be too much for space.
The Most Common Types
The flush mount LED ceiling light may be available in the following types.
- Single Ring Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
- Double Ring Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
- Mushroom-Shape Flush Mount LED Ceiling Light
The following are the benefits of flush mount LED ceiling light.
- The round-shape flush mount LED ceiling light available in single ring or double ring does not just impart a cool and modern look the fixture but also helps in eliminating any excess heat that may get emitted during its operation.
- The energy-savings achieved when switching from any incandescent surface mount fixture to this is significant.
- The external housing is built of opaque acrylic that allows for light beam to easily diffuse throughout the interior space and thus even and uniform lighting is achieved.
- The different types in flush mount come in different color temperatures. Some come in color temperatures of 3000K, 4000K and 5000K while others come as CCT Changeable so that you can easily switch between three different light colors in the same light fixture.
- The product has all the necessary certifications such as those that qualify it for complete product safety use while others that may allow you to have good-enough rebates.
- The product comes as dimmable, allowing you to change the intensity of light when no light is needed and to save additional energy.
- The product is also easy to install.
The information provided in this blog should be enough to have a decent kind of lighting and the one which can allow you to create a warm, cozy ambience or to accomplish short tasks that do not require detail.