Skip to content

Advantage LED Pole Lights, In Five Points

led pole lights
led pole lights
led pole lights
led pole lights

What keeps you secure when you’re out in the night and the place is dark, a pole light. That’s the kind of importance these have in our lives. These pole lights not just keep us safe from the ills of the night, but also save energy by being highly energy efficient. 

Available in different wattages, these pole lights have a significantly longer life than metal halide or high-pressure sodium lamps. Also used for park, these yard lights come in multiple mounting options. Having different mounts, these lights serve different purposes.

For instance, a post top light is used along yards, pathways and walkways, while a high power shoebox light might be used on streets and roads. 

What are the advantages of using pole lights
  • Dusk to dawn light: With the help of a photocell, these lights can automatically switch on or off by detecting the presence of light. That means the light, without any manual intervention will switch on at dusk and will switch off at sunrise. 

Also known as CdS cells (Cadmium-Sulfide), light-dependent resistors (LDR), and photoresistors, these are primarily resistors. The resistor changes value depending on how much light is falling onto its surface.

  • High energy-efficiency: These pole lights covert 95% of the electricity consumed into light thus leaving only 5% as a residue which gets wasted as heat. This is in stark contrast to metal halide fixtures which ironically convert only 5% and the rest 95% gets wasted as heat.

This is also good for the environment because one these do not generate much heat, second because these LED pole lights demand less power from the grid thus reducing the fossil-grid based CO2 generation. 

outdoor led pole lights

  • Longer operational life: These pole lights are tested to run for 50,000 hours. That translates into 5.7 years of peace on the pole lighting front. That is even if you use these pole lights 24 hours of the day. 
  • High color rendering index: Color rendering index is the measure of basically how good the light is at rendering colors, keeping an ideal light source such as the daylight as yardstick. That means that the higher the CRI of a light, the better will be the color quality. 

The CRI of LED pole lights is more than 80 which converts into an 80% accuracy while rendering colors in comparison to daylight. 

  • Multiple mounting options: These shoebox lights come in multiple mounting options each with its own set of features.
  • Direct mount: This mount slips directly into the light straight down and offers no adjustment whatsoever.
  • Slip-fitter/Adjustable/Yoke mount: All three of these mounting options offer an adjustment at an angle of 45 or 90 degrees. 
  • Universal mount: This mount can fir into any pole and can be adjusted at any angle. This is why it is the most commonly found mount. 
Back to blog

Leave a comment

Please note, comments need to be approved before they are published.