LED is defined as Light Emitting Diode. LED module lights are a kind of light that can be easily plugged into any function or compatible units as well. The earlier used LED module lights were mainly for business purposes( for the signages and channel letters); therefore, these are now used in indoor and outdoor settings and also for lighting applications. We have given all the information in this below article, read this to know more about LED Modules, their varieties, common uses, and types.
What is an LED light module?
A LED module is a device designed to plug into a compatible unit or operate on its own. It is mainly used as portable or energy-efficient lighting. These modules throw bright illumination from small bulbs after turning on.
The LED module light has various LED bulbs. A fixture and board contain all of them and deliver power to LEDs. The entire fixture work as a single unit. The voltage is applied to the semiconductor. When electrons run loose after energizing, then they start transmitting lights.
This is one of the perfect choices for saving energy bills. LED module offers brighter lights and consumes fewer watts than incandescent bulbs. Moreover, an LED module for sign board can throw lights in various colors. Therefore, LED light can deliver the lights in different shades and a rainbow of colors. This is mainly used for advertising purposes.
Easy ways to operate LED Modules with New Technology
These colorful and brighter light evolves with technologies to make them a better choice. Here are some recent technology trends that are improving the LED lights and modules, such as:
Some of the latest technological trends improving the LED modules and lights include:
Plug-and-Play: The LED module with the new technology that works with plug-and-play functions comes with a fixed integrated circuit. There is no need to attach the LED module components externally.
Remote: This new tech offer reduction in heating and color shifting. This technology provides excellent energy efficiency and a good life cycle.
Wireless communication: With the new innovation, LEDs can be connected wirelessly via switches and sensors. Now LED modules come with Bluetooth wireless technology for communication control through phones.
LED light modules – applications
We already know that LED module lights have been used for brightening up outdoor advertisements and shop signage lighting. However, you can use it for various applications, including:
- Outdoor landscape and accent lighting
- Strip lighting in cupboards, drawers, cabinets, and other small spaces in your bathroom- for example, bathroom mirror lining sides or sides of the bath, using light on them will provide a decorative look.
- Lighting up the dashboard of the car or vehicle.
- You can also use it as night or reading lights.
- LED headlamps and flashlights
LED light modules are easily hidden and low profile, however, they are still capable of forming appealing lighting effects for both interior and exterior applications. This is the ideal light if you are looking for small accent light.
LED module lights are easy to cut and re-connect in different ways, even you can create various lighting patterns as per your desire and re-work them to fulfill the requirements of your home project.
Categorization of LED Storefront Lights on Size
Based on the size, led storefront lights are classified into small, standard, and large.
Small LED Module
The small LED module light is perfect if you have limited space. These modules can be found used for display units, Signage Lighting, wedding celebrations, and party events. LED light's versatile and safe variety does not cause issues, including flickering or heating, and saves energy.
Standard LED Module
This standard-size LED module can be a good choice for outdoor lighting. In addition, they come with an IP65 rating that makes them waterproof and more reliable. This light has a long reach and various features to benefit your needs. Such features help in reducing light degradation and color deviation.
Large LED Module
The large LED module provides plenty of return depth. The spaces between the LED emitters and the surface are called return depth. You will find a return depth of 50mm or more in large LED modules. As a result, these modules offer a wider beam angle and more energy efficiency.
Use and benefits of LED Modules
As mentioned before, the LED module for sign boards has been used in indoor and outdoor applications, With many fixtures, and varieties available, the light module has become more versatile. Here are some of the primary and common usage of LED module lighting fixtures which includes;
- The decoration of the outdoor gardens or patios.
- The different shades and vibrant LED module light can offer great lighting that highlights a few bathroom parts, including mirrors and plants.
- Small modules can be used for decorating cabinets, drawers, and other indoor items.
- LED module lights are very powerful night lights that can be used for studying and various purposes.
- LED lights can also be used in cars and other vehicles. They are easy to install in the interior and dashboard of the vehicle to give a good ambiance.
- Enhance the appearance of your home interiors by using this LED module with different colors and shades of light.
- This light is also used for flashlights and headlamps.
Choose the right LED panel display module.
The most suitable LED panel display module is one that fulfills all your needs. For example, angle view and visibility aspects are very important for the LED display module purchased for advertising. For this, you may need to buy larger LED modules.
Costing: The price of the light is one of the significant aspects people see before finalizing the product. You don’t require excessive illumination for your home interiors, so you should not invest a heavy amount of money for your LED display light. The less powerful lights cost less.
Pixel Pitch: The distance between the two beads of an LED module or LED bulb is called pixel pitch. It is the indicator of the quality of light. Some aspects show quality, such as brightness, longevity, and protection ability.
LED light module for Indoors: Here are a few characteristics that you should look for in Indoor LED module light.
- Stability helps in installation.
- With easy customization, LED can have any shape. For example, screen options with a cylindrical shape are available that can be installed, hoisted, hanged, and have amazing performance.
- Qualities such as single point maintenance, energy-saving, low maintenance cost, splicing, less dead light rate, and high brightness.
The LED modules are versatile and come in different shapes & sizes. Therefore, it can be used for many purposes. You can have these lights in various forms, including small, standard, and large. You can also find numerous varieties with these features. Thus, you can select an LED light based on your need and specific locations.